1. You must be 18 years of age or older to reserve or adopt animals from us.
2. Adoptions for rats are for a minimum of a pair of same sex rats. Rats are very social animals and they must have at least one rat friend to live with. We may make a rare exception if you already have a rat. Adoptions for mice are for a minimum of a pair of female mice. Male mice will only be adopted by themselves or with female ASF, as male mice absolutely cannot be kept with other male mice. Female ASF make great companions for male mice and they cannot breed together.
3. All rats, Syrian hamsters and ASF will be a minimum of 6 weeks of age, and mice a minimum of 5 weeks of age before they can go to their new home. No exceptions.
4. All rats, mice, Syrian hamsters, and ASF are sold as pet only, unless otherwise specified.
5. Our waiting list is first come/first served - meaning we go down the list in the order names were added. After a litter is born, we contact the first person on the list, and they are given the option to place a deposit on their preferred animals. We go through the list until all animals have been reserved, or we finish the list.
6. We require a deposit of 50% of the adoption fee to reserve animals that cannot be picked up immediately. The remaining balance for babies is due by the time they reach 5 weeks of age for mice and 6 weeks of age for rats, hamsters, & ASF. The remaining balance for adults is due no later than 1 week after the initial deposit. We will hold rats/mice for no longer than 1 week. If you cannot pick up within that time, your deposit will be forfeited. Refunds will only be provided if Rocky Point Rattery needs to cancel a sale for any reason.
7. All fees may be paid through PayPal or we can send you an invoice with secure payment options. We will only accept cash at pick for animals being adopted immediately.
8. Please bring a chew-proof carrier with you at pick-up. Since we are a closed rodentry we do not allow visitors into our home to handle our animals. We regret this necessity, but rodents cannot be vaccinated against disease and we can't take the chance someone could inadvertently make our animals sick.
9. As breeders, we want to make sure that all our animals have safe and happy homes. This means that if at any time you can no longer provide appropriate care for any animal adopted from us, and cannot find it a new home, you can return your pet to us and we will find it a suitable home.
Agouti Berkshire Young Rat